Katherine Carey Millinery

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mildly Overwhelmed

How are you today Katherine? 


"Well, I am mildly overwhelmed!"


The butterflies are pinging around in my stomach...Bang!...Boing!...



It's business NOT as usual this week. I admit that I am anxious, overwhelmed, nervous and challenged.

I am so grateful to have received my new Bible I ordered for myself for Christmas...It is true: You don't read the Bible the Bible reads You! God is really showing up quickly to remind me that all is under control.

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.  Psalm 25:4

All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.  Psalm 38:9

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you.  He will not rebuke you for asking.  James 1:5

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in EVERY detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by His hand.  Psalm 37: 23-24

If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there Your hand WILL guide me, and Your strength WILL support me.  Psalm 139:9-10

Your own ears will hear Him.  Right behind you a voice will say, "This is the way you should go" whether to the right or to the left.  Isaiah 30:21

To some it may seem that this is normal for me and I am used to gathering my belongings and launching forth...but this time it is so different. Completely unfamiliar. I am not just landing and carrying on in familiar territory...I am not even certain where I am landing.

Notice though that when I described how I was feeling I never used the word "scared"...strangely I am not. I really feel a pull from God and while I should be concerned I feel a sense of destiny.

So... I am stretching my boundaries this week...checking into the 'possibility" of how one would go about apprenticing for some of the great milliners of our times...Stephen Jones and Philip Treacy, both in London. It can not hurt to inquire and with every inquiry I am simply communicating with people in my chosen field. Who knows who I will be connected with by doing this?


I have sorted out my hat studio....fabrics, trims, treasures.



So many hats to make...my focus is clear, my talks are with God, my eye is on the prize.


How will I get there...honestly...God only knows!


My job is to keep believing, keep stepping forward, using my resources wisely, and having faith.


I so look forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment